Things Happen In My House (COVID-19)

 









Things Happen In My House (COVID-19)
On-site performance documentation, material in my house
Utrecht, NL
April, 2020



The two performances are made especially for relating the absurd situation as a foreign art student is facing during the COVID-19. Both are part of the art project ‘Things Happen In My House’.
My project aims at tracing where those subtle bridges connected between individuals, nature and communities. it presents the daily observation of the 'events' everywhere which happen among the personal living space in relation to the surrounded neighbourhood. From the on-site material and the texts(poetry) to narrate and archive these routines along with our collective emotions, memories and historical stories.

The unicorn is an imaginary animal that holds a place in popular culture as a symbol of fantasy or rarity. However, the unicorn bath-cap which has been using every day became part of my daily life. By covering my face, it stands extra contradictory, sightless and emotionless about the repetition of a single living during the lockdown. It doubts the meaning of living: if the house as if my entire world, what can I still produce in the house.

The second performance answers the question above, the house becomes a stage with existing nature (sunlight and leaves), enables to communicate and give meaning.